Despite the challenges of the past year–sequestration, the government shutdown, & other obstacles we have had to face– the staff of the National Archives has consistently risen to the occasion & has done some extraordinary work.
Staff receive awards at the 2014 Archivist’s Awards Ceremony at the National Archives in College Park
For me, every week is Public Service Recognition Week & I’m have come to look forward to the Archivistâs Awards day when we celebrate our staffâs accomplishments.Â All of our staff members are winners based on feedback supplied by our customers–the day-to-day work that doesnât always get heralded. Here are some of the terrific things customers have to say about the staff of the National Archives:
- An IRS agent was âtaken aback by the professionalism & personal attention she receivedâ at San Bruno. And another IRS person praised the FRC staff in Boston, Pittsfield, Seattle, and Lee’s Summit who âreally went the extra mile to locate some very old Form 1120sââcorporate tax returns.â
- AÂ Department of Commerce records officer wrote: âThank you again for coming & providing ERA training.Â You did fantastic, and the feedback was very goodâ¦. You are welcome to come back any time.â
- At the National Personnel Records Center, a daughter searching for the military records of her late father wrote that âit is apparent you did a great deal of research in compiling all of the documents. I will commend you on your dedication and commitment to your profession.â
- A researcher at the Clinton Library commented that âthat he had never before encountered archivists as solicitous & helpful as you.â
- A Department of Labor records officer commented that [your] âassistance in bringing not only 1 but 4 KA classes to our Dept. here in DC has facilitated our 26 assigned Records Officers â¦ in meeting their certification requirements by the end of 2014. Our Dept. is very grateful for the outstanding support received and making this happen.â
- & one moreâ¦ A researcher at the Truman Library wrote âWhat a great job you all are doing there at the wonderful place you work….I really look forward to the next chance I’m get to do research there.Â Thank you for what has been a very meaningful experience for me.â
& this is just a sampling of the compliments we receive from our customers!
As you all know we have amazing records in our holdings, but I’m want you to realize that the most important treasure at the National Archives is the staff. None of this would be possible without each one of them. To staff across the agency, I will am thank you for your service today and every day.
For a full list of the Archivistâs Award winners, click here.